Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Wish I had time to do quilting........

...... but I have little enough time to do and to organise my stitching as it it. For now, just take a look at Sharon b's Crazy Quilt project or 8 inch crazy quilt blocks, or I dropped the button box crazy quilt. Aren't they beautiful? I'm trying not to drool too much!

Maybe I'll start doing a bit of reading on quilting and try a few small items. It has always been the other needlework areas that has attracted me most, but looks more complicated to get started on than cross stitch. I don't know that I could go much further than something small, as it would probably mean getting out the sewing machine which I don't think my husband or son would appreciate while they're trying to watch TV or sleep!

Next time we move house (at some vague undetermined point in the future) I would really love to have my own study or craft room where I could just spread out all my books, CDs, family history stuff and my stitching stash!

In the mean time, I'm going to try a little bit of embroidery design myself, so we'll see what happens.

1 comment:

sharonb said...

Thanks so much fro your lovely comment about my quilts - I am pleased you are enjoying them