Wednesday, February 27, 2008

And now for something completely different .....

I've spent far too much time recently drooling over some gorgeous needlepoint and, needing more of a fix, stitched up this.


This is Winter Snowflakes from Kick Back & Stitch. It wasn't too complicated and fun to stitch up, using some fibres, Neon Rays in particular, that I hadn't used before.





I don't use a laying tool, generally railroading does it for me, but I did need a little help to make sure these Neon Rays (ribbon) Rhodes stitches lay correctly. And in good light, the Neon Rays ribbon really glows!








And I do love the eight pointed star in the middle.

I don't know how I'm going to finish it - an ornament? A box top? I feel in need of something that's really going to help show off the sparkle (which doesn't come across in the photos), but am lacking inspiration at present. Anyone have any good ideas?

I'm now thinking about signing up for Gay Ann Rogers new Mystery in a Corner. The older mysteries (Glittering Diamonds and Mystery with a Little Bit of Glitz) are just gorgeous and I'd love to get my hands on them, especially Glittering Diamonds!


I've been a little distracted over the last couple of weeks watching my blood pressure going up and down and up and down, never the same two days in a row. But yesterday I was back at the hospital getting the good news that they're quite happy with how things are with me. I just need to remind myself that, although my blood pressure has been up, it's not consistently too high (just all over the place). Long may that continue!

Now I just need to get organised to slow down and finish up at work.

With everything that's going on right now, blogging is feeling like less of a priority, but I'm determined to keep at it as I don't want to loose touch with everybody out there in Internet-land. I suppose that I'm just getting to a point where having a baby just takes priority. So I'm sorry I'm not taking so much time these days to keep up with everybody's blogs and not commenting as I maybe should. I also owe a couple of people emails which I've been very bad at replying to. Hopefully I'll do that this week now that I feel a bit better about the BP situation.

Now all I need to find is some comfortable clothes!

17 comments:

Kitty said...

That's really beautiful stitching.

I'm not surprised blogging is less of a priority - crumbs, you're about to have a baby!

Take care. x

Julie said...

WOWZA!!! Winter Snowflake is stunning, you really do take some fab pics of your work and we can really see the details.

Pleased your appt at the hospital went well, get plenty of rest, and just in case anything happens i'm hoping things go well and you have a speedy pain free delivery. I'm looking forward to piccies of your DS with the new addition (wonder how the gnomes will react LOL)

Take care Lesley
{{hugs}}

Mrs Moog said...

I love your needlepoint - the colours are stunning and the stitching is beautiful!

I think you deserve to slow down right now!! Those last few weeks are the hardest but enjoy them as much as possible and be kind to yourself :)

Not sure there's any such things as comfortable clothes when you're very pregnant!!

xx

Anonymous said...

Goodness, that's beautiful!

Of course you are a bit sidetracked now LOL

mainely stitching said...

This is ... amazing. I mean, WOW!!! I'd just sit there and admire it all day long if it were mine! LOL!

Wanda said...

That is a dazzling finish you stitch beautifully. Glad your doc visit went well, enjoy your time and don't sweat the small stuff.

Wanda said...

That is a dazzling finish you stitch beautifully. Glad your doc visit went well, enjoy your time and don't sweat the small stuff.

Kathy A. said...

Your Winter Snowflake is just gorgeous! Having a baby and the nesting that comes prior definitely take priority over blogging. Rest assured we will be there when you are up to it.

Sally said...

Wow Winter Snowflake is fantastic! It is so pretty.

I'm pleased your appointment went OK. Keeping my finger's crossed that it stays this way.

Mary said...

Winter Snowflake is just gorgeous! The colors are great and your stitching is awesome. Healthwise, I hope all will continue to go well with you and the baby!

Lelia said...

Fantastic stitching! Luv it : )

Von said...

I'm so relieved that your intermittent high bp isn't a problem for you and the baby! But slowing down and not stressing is definitely in order, particularly stressing about your blog and reading blogs! Do what you can, when you can and we'll all rejoice with you when that healthy baby is born! Hugs. :D

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow that is a stunner! Glad to hear the Hospital is happy with your BP at the moment!

Sue said...

Your needlepoint piece is beautiful. I hope your BP stays okay ;)

Wendy said...

Oooh, how lovely! The specialty stitches look great. Don't worry about not having time to blog....but that being said, we of course will have to know about the baby!!! I'm so glad your BP is minding itself for you and not giving you too much trouble.

Deb said...

Fabulous needlepoint, Lesley! It's my second fav thing to do! I love Kick Back and Stitch designs. You're inspiring me to drag mine out again. Yours looks just wonderful! Keep well...Hugs,Deb

Anonymous said...

Your needlework is exquisite - and you've given me a new urge to drag out my canvaswork pieces! Thanks also for the enabling about Gay Ann Rogers' mystery piece - I think I may just have to sign up for it!! Good luck for the arrival of your latest wee family member! :)