Friday, February 01, 2008

A Monkee's work ......

...... is never done!

Well, I can't have him sitting at home all day doing nothing while I'm at work!


Looks like another gnome on the go there.


More about his stitching next week after I get some more photos.

My weekend plans this week include sorting out what I'll be sending Kae in Lucy Locket's Valentine Swap. I've already stitched something, but I need to get out the sewing machine for a spot of finishing.

My husband also informed me last night that we're going round to the neighbours for a curry on Sunday evening. I'm in two minds about this right now as I just don't know how my stomach will stand up to it! The haggis last week gave me all night heartburn and if I'm to avoid that with the curry, I don't think I'll be eating much. On the other hand, do I really have the self control to actually achieve that goal? Curry nights round our way are infamous and the home made curry simply gorgeous!


Edited a bit later to add:
I've just downloaded February's 'The Gift of Stitching' and I LOVE Banu Demirel's table runner - it's gorgeous! We'll probably be getting a new dining table before too long, and this would be just perfect! Ooh, I want to stitch it NOW! And Yvonne Horn's Spanish Satin Pinkeep is beautiful too, but at least it should be a fairly quick stitch!

12 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh Lestley I love the monkey! He is adorable! I would also like to agree with you on the heartburn thing, I look at spice now and get it! However, yes, the round at the neighbors sounds great! I need to come visit!

Jessica

Jessica said...

Sorry Lesley, there was a typo in my last message.

Apologies.

(grin)

Jessica

Locket Pocket said...

Glad to see you are keeping that monkey busy - you know they only get into mischief otherwise! Lucy x

mainely stitching said...

Does your sock monkey give knitting lessons?

Homemade curry rocks!

Cheryl said...

Hmmm curry, sounds good to me!
Have a great weekend :)

Julie said...

LOL wonder what else the monkey gets up to whilst alone in the house !!!

Enjoy your curry

Deb said...

Love that tablerunner, too. Let me send you a batch of silk substitutes for the DMCs, Lesley! It can be part of my PIF to you. Love and hugs, Deb

Wendy said...

Great monkey pictures ~ he is a busy little fellow and it looks like he does lovely work too.

Wanda said...

Keep that monkey busy no goofing off for sure. Another gnome how wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Is he available for model stitching?!

Will pay in bananas :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your monkey is a riot!

Stitcher said...

When you've run out of things for him to do. Please send him to me, I can keep him busy whilst I'm at work. I keep seeing these everywhere, I'm going to have to knit a monkey.