Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Pressure's rising

... my blood pressure, that is It's been gradually going up and up over the last 2 or 3 weeks. This week it's got to the borderline stage where I'm having to repeat readings and rest in between. Not the simplest thing to do while I'm at work, but at least they're sympathetic.

Generally, however, I still feel fine, if very tired. I feel as if suddenly everything's catching up with me - I'm starting to realise just how tired I am and that I really need to slow down. Easier said than done, of course!

I just want to make it through to next Tuesday when I have my next hospital appointment. I feel that after that I can work out how to take things forward and start to think more seriously about stopping work.

Next week is also a big landmark for me as I reach the 34th week of my pregnancy. My son was born at 34 weeks, so if I get to 35, I will have been pregnant for longer than last time!

Anyway, with all that going on, I haven't been doing a lot of stitching. However, I did manage to finish this at the weekend (the knitted one, that is, the other one has to be a long term WIP! LOL).


DS was rather pleased with him and couldn't wait to introduce him to the other knitted residents of our house.



Yesterday, I finally managed to get to the post office to collect my parcel from Kae in Lucy Locket's Valentine Swap. Look at all the goodies she sent me!


She's really spoiled me including a sock person, yarn, knitted heart keyring, ric rac, ribbon and trims, and a gorgeous heart pendant! And, of course, lots of yummy chocolate. Thank you so much Kae - I love it all!

I sent her a parcel of goodies last week which included this little fob/ornament.


The large heart is based on one of the hearts from A Celebration of Love, the small hearts are just a couple of Rhodes hearts and a satin stitch/cushion heart.


(Just including this photo 'cos I like it!)

13 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

What a lovely parcel of goodies from Kae! I'm so pleased that this swap has been a success! Sorry to hear about your blood pressure though - do the doctors think this baby will be early too? Mine were all late!

Lucy x

Julie said...

Lucky you, what a nice bright and cheery parcel, love the fob too. Your 'knitted family' is certainly growing nicely, love the pic of them on the window sill (you can just imagine what a conversation they are having!!)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

That's a lovely parcel that you received to make you feel a bit better! :)
I hope that your blood pressure remains moderate and that you can hold the baby in a bit longer....although my longest was Ellie and she was only 36 weeks...everybody else was 34 weeks. Good Luck!

Kae said...

Glad you like your goodies :)

Sorry to hear about your blood pressure though... sending you (((hugs)))

Had to smile when reading your comment about the 'long term WIP' - so true!! :)

Keeping my fingers crossed for you to make it to Wk 35...

~x~

Kitty said...

Oooh, nice parcel - you lucky thing!

Hope you manage to take it easy enough to keep that blood pressure down. Take care.

And those bearded little chaps - I'd love to make one. Have you blogged where you got the pattern from or is it something you've made yourself? Sorry if you've already said and I haven't found it yet.

x

Wanda said...

I hope your blood pressure levels off! Your gnomes are the best you are soing a terrific job!

DaisyGirl said...

Fingers crossed for you! Try to rest if you can. I made it to 36 weeks for Jason, 43 weeks for Jacob, (that little stinker just didn't want to be born!)
I love your gnome people!
Donna

Dani - tkdchick said...

I like that photo too. Your knitted gnomes??? Are just adorable!!!

Take it easy!

Mary said...

Love the gnomes! That was a great package with lots of nice goodies. Your fob is beautiful-what a good idea to use one of the hearts. Take care of yourself and try and get some rest.

Sally said...

Lovely parcel and I love the fob.

I hope you are doing OK. Keeping my finger's for you.

stitcherw said...

I hope you can take it easy and your BP goes back down, getting past that 34th week will be great. Loved your newest knitted addition, the little gnome is just to cute. Looks like a lot of counting though, so far dishcloths seem to be about my level. Both exchanges were lovely, and the pink on your fob was so pretty, perfect for Valentines day. Saw in your earlier post that you're really liking your Q-snaps. I love mine, and can't imagine stitching without them anymore. Like you, the ability to make them into different sizes to fit a project is so nice. They are kind of like potato chips, you can't get just one. You'll find that you keep adding sizes you want, plus duplicates of the most common sizes you do so that multiple projects can be mounted at one time.
Sue

mainely stitching said...

Here's to making it to 35 weeks and beyond!!! :D Got my fingers crossed and my lucky rabbit at hand. ;)

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Just discovered your blog :-)

Love your little heart ornament!

Pierrette =^..^=