Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Today's the day!

It's my birthday today, and I'm just glad I'm feeling a bit more with it than I did last week! It's been a quiet day so far with cards from my parents, husband and a couple of friends. DS have me a wonderful home made card with a pop-up smiley face in the middle, but I then had to give him some money so that he could buy me a present. By the time I get home this evening, the postman will have been and gone and I expect that DS will be demanding to open any cards that arrive during the day. Then we'll just have our normal quiet night in.

I see from my notebook that on this day last year I had 2 new starts - Starflake and MTM. I don't think that one finish from those two is bad going at all! But I don't think there'll be any new starts for today.

Now I just have to plan what stash to spend my birthday money on.

Your Birth Month is February

Peaceful and harmonious, you seek the gentle side of life.
Your warmth and consideration touches many.

Your soul reflects: Purity, modesty, and faithfulness

Your gemstone: Amethyst

Your flower: Iris

Your colors: Purple, yellow, and light blue


Also see http://www.paulsadowski.com/BirthDay.asp for a whole load of trivia on your birth date! For example, did you know -

There are 366 days till my next birthday on which my cake (if I had one) would have 42 candles.

Those 42 candles produce 42 BTUs,or 10,584 calories of heat (that's only 10.5840 food Calories!) .

You can boil 4.80 ounces of water with that many candles.


I bet you're glad you know that now. And to think I'll have to wait a whole year to put it to the test!

17 comments:

Mary said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your day!

Anita said...

Have a wonderful birthday and hope you will get some wonderful stash.

Kitty said...

Hello ... I've been reading your blog for a little while now. Just wanted to say Happy Birthday, and I hope you have a lovely day. :-) x

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday! I hope this day is a great one for you.

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Locket Pocket said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Love your candle facts! Lucy x

Julie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - hope you have a wonderful day, the suns out for you
{{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Lesley!! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Sally said...

Happy Birthday Lesley! Hope you've had a fantastic day!

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday Lesley!

mainely stitching said...

Happy birthday!! I hope it's been a fabulous day! :D

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Lesley! I hope you had a wonderful day! :)

Monkee Maker said...

Happy belated birthday and on-time Happy Valentines!

.... if you need anyone to help .... "advise" .... you on what to spend your birthday money on, you know where I am ....

;)

Kae said...

Belated happy birthday :D

And a big thank you for my swap goodies!!!! Love them!!!! You made my Valentine's Day!!! THANK YOU!!! xxx

~x~

Dani - tkdchick said...

Happy b-day

Deb said...

Happy Birthday!! Oh, if only Jessica and I could make a trip to see you and celebrate your day, we would! I hope you have lots of hours of stitching peace and quiet this weekend, Lesley. Hugs, Deb

Kathy A. said...

Belated Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a wonderful day.