Monday, September 15, 2008

A new species?

While we were away on holiday and I was neglecting my stitching, I knitted up a new monkey to join the menagerie. I think this one must be a new species.


He quickly acquired a range of names - Zero-X3, SpiderMonkey, Captain Monkey ....

Zero-X1 was pleased to welcome him.


Hmmm, think they're getting very friendly .....


Or maybe it's something to do with a certain other, human, monkey .....


However, little did we know that this mild-mannered monkey concealed a secret. And it wasn't long before he revealed his true identity.





Acknowledgements to Dav Pilkey as I've shamelessly copied Captain Underpants. But then, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery after all. Oh, and does anyone else remember Hong Kong Phooey?

7 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Welcome Captain Underpants to this crazy world we live in!. He is just too cute for words and love that name. And yes, I remember those cartoons

Jennifer said...

Hong Kong Phooey, number one super guy! I used to love that cartoon when I was a kid!

mainely stitching said...

A true laugh-out-loud post!

My better half shamelessly re-lives Hong Kong Phooey episodes whenever given half a chance. ;)

Julie said...

Of course i remember Hong Knog Phooey and Rosemary the telephonist .... OMG that shows my age doesnt it LOL

Love the Mr Monkey he's cool!

Anonymous said...

"You don't say .... You don't say .... You don't say ...."
"Who was it?"
"He didn't say ...."

Aaah - I used to love that gag on HKP!!

.... it was HKP, wasn't it ....?

And I love the latest addition to the monkey fold .... especially those pants!!

:)

Kitty said...

Hahahaha ... Captain Monkeypants is fab! And yes, I do remember Hong Kong Phooey! x

Anonymous said...

I remember HKP! Funny post here, and I love your new little monkey friend ;)