Monday, March 22, 2010

A Working Mum

One of those mornings this morning where you have to make the choice between work and children. Work won because I knew Iona would be absolutely fine once I left and she had the chance to settle down. She wasn't very well yesterday and extra-clingy this morning because of it. But I had to leave her in tears and it was tough.

I was reading Barbara's blog a week or two back and how she loves to post cute pics of her kids, and I realised that I don't post many pics of my own cute kids.


Iona and I went for a walk in the Botanic Gardens to see the crocuses and I asked her to sit by the pond and give me a big smile. So she sat and stuck out her chin and screwed up her eyes and nose in a funny big smile, but you just don't get to see her beautiful big blue eyes!


Alexander, now, wouldn't be so happy to be referred to as cute - he's growing up! But he is wonderful with his little sister.


Alexander and I were having a little chat yesterday and he was commenting on how big my stomach is getting, or my lump as he likes to call it! The way he's talking you'd think I really was the size of a baby elephant, but I do think I must be at least 4 to 6 weeks ahead of the size I was with Iona. I told him just to think about the size of women expecting twins, triplets or more!

I'm feeling a bit better about crafty stuff this week and have been enjoying some crochet. I just haven't managed to get round to taking any photos of it!

Crocuses