Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Needles and Thread, not Yarn and Hooks

Guess what? I’m stitching again!

My inspiration over the new Chatelaine designs lasted longer than the time it takes to get home, play with the girls, feed them and get them to bed! Yippee!!

I actually went and got out Medieval Town Mandala, set it up on q-snaps, and got stitching!

Gosh – I’m so d@mn pleased with myself! I’m loving every second!

Here’s roughly where I’d got to the last time I shared a pic –

Medieval Town Mandala - part 5 completed

I’d finished part 5 (of 12) and was making a start on part 6.

And here’s where I am now. Still part 6, obviously, but a little further on, I'm working on the big building in the centre of the north side of the square.


I’ve gone back to working on Gay Ann Rogers idea of 12 stitches per day, or as I do it, at least 12 stitches a day or as many stitches as I can fit in to the time slot I’ve allowed for it. So, what I’ve showed there represents almost a whole week of stitching.

It doesn’t make for fast progress, but it’s wonderful just to be doing it again!

5 comments:

barbara said...

That's great progress - good for you! :) And what a stunning design.

Julie said...

Wonderful news Lesley, this is such a beautiful project and as that advert says 'every little helps'

Hope the elbow is holding out and you are not in so much pain with stitching.

Nicola said...

So beautiful. One day I will stitch a Mandela.

Joysze said...

It's beautiful, Lesley! Those 12 stitches or more a day sure adds up. :D

term-paper-research.com said...

Detailed works have been my weakness:) I do have little patience with them, but I always like the result. You've got heaps of astounding compliments from me! Thanks for sharing! I hope you are doing well.
With love,
Meredith